The following twelve beliefs
widely held by gays and mainstream alike are largely FALSE:
1. Everybody is really bi: so so-called "straights" can all be "bi-baited" and seduced!
2. Nobody is bi: all bis are secretly gay but too scared to come out!
3. There are no bi celebs: from Wilde and Woolf to Garbo and Dietrich - they're all gay, gay, gay!
4. Bisexuality is practiced more commonly amongst women, unfettered by machismo!
5. Bis are more promiscuous and can't settle down - your bi partner will dump you sooner or later for someone of the opposite sex!
6. Bis are all closeted, leading double lives and getting their sex covertly - in parks or via the web!
7. Bis are more at risk from contracting HIV and other STDs because of their furtive
sexual lifestyle and since they're harder to target with safe sex messages!
8. Bis "dilute" the gay scene with their straight friends!
9. Bis have only recently "appeared" and are either tagging onto or hijacking the gay agenda!
10. Bisexuality is just a fad, or fashionable lifestyle statement, to make you sound more interesting!
11. A bisexual is half-way along some gay-straight sliding-scale spectrum and so
can't possibly simultaneously fancy a man 100% and a woman 100%!
12. This group is for "lesbians, gays and bisexuals" because we understand, and
are committed to, the latter as a celebration of diversity - and not just because we're being tokenistic and PC!